MyChart SRHS Terms and Conditions User Agreement
By agreeing to the following terms and conditions, I acknowledge that I am requesting access to view designated parts of my electronic
health information and communicate with my SRHS* healthcare team by the use of the Internet.
- I understand that MyChart is intended as a secure, online source of confidential, electronic medical information.
- I understand that MyChart is NEVER to be used as a means of communication to SRHS healthcare providers for urgent or emergency
matters. For all emergency matters that I believe might immediately affect my health or well-being, I will dial 911 without delay and/or go
to the emergency department of a local hospital of my choice.
- I understand that my SRHS healthcare team may send me messages through MyChart. The messages from MyChart may contain information about
my health and medical care. It is my responsibility to monitor the messages that are sent to my MyChart Inbox. I understand and agree that
SRHS will not be liable for any loss, injury or claims of any kind resulting from MyChart messages that I fail to read in a timely
- I understand that I must maintain a valid and working email address that may be used by SRHS to notify me of the presence of MyChart
messages. I will update my email address on MyChart if my email address changes.
- I understand the estimated turnaround time for SRHS' responses to my electronic messages is usually three (3) business days and that SRHS
will not be liable for any loss, injury or claims of any kind resulting from any delay in responding to electronic messages. I understand
that if I do not get a response within three (3) business days, I should contact my physician or healthcare team by telephone. I also
understand that the response I receive is dependent on the information I provide to my SRHS healthcare team through MyChart.
- I understand that messages MyChart messages sent by me may not be delivered to my individual physician and may be sent to appropriate
staff members for processing and response. I understand, based on this limitation, that I should not communicate by MyChart if I want to
communicate sensitive information directly with an individual practitioner.
- I agree that it is my responsibility to select a confidential password, to maintain my password in a secure manner, and to change my
password if I believe it may have been compromised in any way. If I share my sign-on ID and password for MyChart with another person that
person may be able to view my health information. I also understand that I may be able to view health information about others who authorize
me as a MyChart delegate. I understand and agree that SRHS will not be liable for any loss, injury or claims of any kind resulting from my
sharing of my sign-on ID, confidential password or confidential health information on MyChart.
- I understand that MyChart contains designated, limited, medical and health information from my medical record and that MyChart does not
reflect the entire contents of the medical record. I understand I may print my health information from MyChart; knowing that it does not
contain my entire medical record. I also understand that I may request a paper or electronic copy or a written summary of my medical record
- An individual must be 18 years of age or older, or a married or emancipated minor, to create a MyChart account. For adolescents between
the ages of 16 and 18, a MyChart account may only be created by SRHS with the written consent of their parent/legal guardian. The written
consent authorizes SRHS to allow the adolescent to have their own MyChart account.
- Individuals age 18 or older may request proxy access to another individual's MyChart account, including parents or legal guardians
requesting access to their minor child's account, by completing the Proxy Access portion of the MyChart Consent form and submitting it to
SRHS. A parent's proxy access for a minor will expire when the minor turns 18. The amount of information the parent will be able to see in
MyChart may depend on the age and legal status of the minor. The limits on MyChart access does not affect any other right the parent may have
to obtain a minor child's medical records.All medical information available in MyChart is also available to your Proxy. Proxy access will
only be granted to individuals with parental rights or legal guardianship over the MyChart account holder. The person requesting Proxy
access must demonstrate the legal right to the account holder's medical information. A MyChart account will be activated for the account
holder and the Proxy. If the Proxy's legal status changes, the account holder can revoke the proxy access electronically via MyChart or call
1-888-84CHART for assistance. SRHS reserves the right to revoke Proxy access at any time for any reason.
- I understand that my Internet access and activities in MyChart may be tracked by computer audit trails and that entries I make may
become part of my electronic health record.
- I agree that I will not use MyChart to communicate offensive, hateful, defamatory or discriminatory speech. I understand that access to
MyChart is provided by SRHS as a convenience and that SRHS has the right to restrict my access to MyChart at any time for any reason, without
notice to me. I understand that use of MyChart is voluntary, and I am not required to use MyChart, or to authorize a MyChart Proxy.
This Agreement is governed by and construed under the laws of the State of South Carolina without applying conflicts of laws principles
The SRHS Notice of Privacy Practices is available at www.spartanburgregional.com/.
If you have questions or problems with MyChart , we encourage you to call our MyChart Help Desk at 1-888-84-CHART.
- I understand that MyChart may not be available to me all the time due to system limitations, back-up procedures, maintenance, or other
reasons beyond the control of SRHS. Access is provided on an "as-is, as-available" basis and does not guarantee that I will be able to access
MyChart at any particular time.
- I understand that MyChart may offer links to other medical websites not managed by SRHS. These website link(s) are for my informational
purposes only. SRHS does not endorse and does not verify the accuracy of the information from these other websites. Neither these websites
nor MyChart are able to make diagnoses or treat medical problems. I understand that only my health care providers are able to make diagnoses
and treat medical problems.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT SRHS HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM ANY SOFTWARE INACCURACIES, SOFTWARE
DEFECTS, COMMUNICATION LINES, VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORKS, THE INTERNET, MY INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER (ISP), ACCESS SYSTEMS, COMPUTER HARDWARE
OR SOFTWARE, OR ANY OTHER SERVICE OR DEVICE THAT I USE TO ACCESS MYCHART.
- When MyChart is unavailable, I understand that other methods of communication (such as a telephone) should be used to contact my
physician or healthcare team at SRHS.
*SRHS includes Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care, Pelham Medical Center, Union Medical Center, Ellen
Sager Nursing Home, Medical Group of the Carolinas, Gibbs Cancer Center and Research Institute, Bearden-Josey Center for Breast Health,
Outpatient Services at North Grove Medical Park, and other departments or affiliates of SRHS as may be determined from time to time.
MyChart is a registered trademark of EPIC SYSTEMS CORPORATION.